Kindergarten Two Classes
209 New Upper Changi Road, #03-649
PREPARE YOUR CHILD TO ACE CHINESE!
Selected by Young Parents magazine as the Chinese Enrichment Class that best nurture your kids’ interest (Jan 2014)
K2 - What your kid will learn
- Reading Programme strengthens reading and vocabulary through animated storybooks
- Word recognition and writing exercises from P1 text
- Strong foundation in Han Yu Pin Yin to prepare for P1
- Prep for P1 Show and Tell through role-playing and presentations
- Home learning and quizzes to reinforce vocabulary
- $450 for 12 lessons (1 hr 45 mins/week)
- Download schedule here
Testimonials From Happy Parents and mommy bloggers
E has made tremendous improvement over the last 6 months. He used to hate speaking Chinese and used to refuse to answer his Chinese kindergarten teacher. After the second lesson at KidStartNow, he started speaking more Chinese and became more interested in the language. After just two terms, he is much more fluent in Chinese and has made great progress in word recognition and Han Yu Pin Yin, just in time for P1.
- Vanessa, Mother of E (K2)
I was most impressed with teacher Hong Mei! She relates really well to children. Children have an acute sense of who genuinely cares. She was very patient with K, and gently persevered in getting K to warm up to her, even though K was initially very resistant to being dropped off. But by the end of the class, K was giving her a big hug and promising to attend the next session!
- Lyn, Mother of K (K2), Mommy Blogger
SIGN UP FOR MAILING LIST TO ENJOY FREE TRIAL OF ANIMATED STORYBOOKS
Our 4 process to help kids excel
1. ANIMATED STORYBOOKS
Our animated storybooks builds interest in Chinese and effectively increase vocabulary needed to excel in primary school.
- Our books use animation and read-aloud to help even reluctant learners develop interest in Chinese
- Learning vocabulary through stories is far more interesting and effective than via flashcards
- Easily access the books at home - we find kids who read for just 15 mins every week improve tremendously
Develop interest in Chinese through our books
Kids learn Chinese via fun and engaging activities
2. SHOW AND TELL PREP
Effectively prepare kids for show and tell in P1 through role playing.
- Kids choose their favourite character from our storybooks and act them out in Chinese
- Role playing in front of other kids improve oral confidence and get kids ready for show and tell in P1
3. PASSIONATE AND CARING TEACHERS
Great teachers make all the difference, and all our teachers are experienced, caring and passionate about inspiring English speaking kids to love learning Chinese.
- At other centres, kids can get demoralised when they fall behind; at KidStartNow, our caring teachers go the extra mile to encourage every child and help them excel at Chinese
- All our teachers are native Chinese speakers with qualifications in preschool education and many years of teaching experience
- Our class sizes are small (up to 10) to ensure kids don’t feel lost in the crowd, and enjoy maximum attention from our great teachers.
Great teachers make all the difference
We teach kids to never give up and keep trying
4. DIGITAL ENCOURAGEMENT SYSTEM
Making mistakes is part of the process of learning Chinese but can cause kids to become demoralised. Our digital encouragement system motivates kids to keep trying and learn to persevere!
- Kids earn digital coins whenever they try to learn Chinese, motivating them to keep learning
- Kids learn to persevere and not give up after mistakes - a critical lifeskill!